The Work DOT physicals examination is a compulsory test by Department of Transportation for any individual who works behind the wheel of a commercial motor vehicle (CMV). The purpose of this Work DOT physicals examination is to make sure that commercial drivers are physically fit enough to give their peak performance.
It’s a kind of medical assurance that you and your drivers are physically able to handle long hours.
What Does Work DOT Physicals, Dearborn Centre, Cover?
Work DOT physicals at our Dearborn Centre evaluates a driver for the following:
- ○ Vision
- ○ Blood pressure
- ○ Hearing test
- ○ Urine test
- ○ General physical examination
- ○ Vision test: Our doctors at Dearborn Centre test drivers for at least 20/40 vision in both eyes. Also, we make them distinguish between different colors. These vision tests are done with and without prescribed glasses or lenses.
- ○ Pulse rate/Blood pressure: Our doctors also check individuals coming for work DOT physicals for their pulse rate and blood pressure. This helps in picking up any heart or blood pressure abnormalities. Only if they have a pulse rate and blood pressure within normal range, they are given a certificate of clearing the Work DOT physicals.
- ○ Hearing test: This part of the Work DOT physicals ensures a driver can hear a forced whisper, with or without hearing aids, from less than five feet away.
- ○ Urinanalysis: This part of the test rules out if you have any medical condition affecting the kidneys that might require immediate treatment.
- ○ Physical Examination: As a part of your Work DOT physicals examination our doctors assess you for
- ○ General appearance (weight, height, tremors, drug or alcohol usage)
- ○ Mouth and oral cavity (breathing and throat)
- ○ Lungs (bronchitis, emphysema, and asthma)
- ○ Abdomen (masses, hernias)
- ○ Limbs (weakness, deformity)
- ○ Skeleton (stature, tenderness)
- ○ Neurological (balance, reflexes, and speech)
- ○ Vessels (varicose veins, weak or absent peripheral pulses)
Besides these, our doctors at Dearborn Centre make sure you are vaccinated for the following diseases:
- ○ Hepatitis A
- ○ Hepatitis B
- ○ Tetanus, Polio, Typhoid
- ○ Influenza
After going through the above-mentioned detailed examination and vaccinations, a driver gets certified to be behind the wheel of their commercial vehicle. A work DOT physicals certificate lasts from 3 months to 2 years, depending upon the health condition of the driver.
What Do You Need for Your Work DOT Physicals at Dearborn?
It’s important to note that while coming for a Work DOT physicals at our Dearborn Centre, bring along any documents listing any medication that doctors prescribed you during the past month. Also, if you have any medical disability, bring along a medical release form to illustrate the doctors’ approval to deal with this condition.
If you are a professional truck or bus driver, getting a Work DOT physicals is a requirement by your employer that you need to fulfil. It’s a safety measurement enforced by the state to ensure driver and public safety.
Not only is the Work DOT physicals a screening test for drivers that checks their fitness level regarding commercial driving, but it is also an efficient way to pick up many of their ailments at an early stage.
This early diagnosis can help with the early treatment of many conditions that would otherwise not have been picked up had this Work DOT physicals not been conducted.
Our doctors at Urgent Care Dearborn are all prepared to conduct your Work DOT physicals. Please suit yourselves to get our services.