As a medical test lab based in Dearborn, MI, we understand the importance of COVID-19 test in the fight against the pandemic. Our team is committed to providing accurate and reliable testing services to ensure the safety of our community. Here’s everything you need to know about COVID-19 test in Dearborn.
Why COVID-19 test is important in Dearborn?
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected communities across the globe, and Dearborn is no exception. As a densely populated city with a diverse population, Dearborn has seen a significant number of COVID-19 cases. Test is crucial to identify cases early and prevent the spread of the virus. By getting tested, you can protect yourself, your loved ones, and your community.
What COVID-19 test options are available in Dearborn?
At our medical test lab, we offer two types of COVID-19 test: molecular PCR tests and rapid antigen tests. PCR tests are considered the gold standard for COVID-19 test, as they can detect even small amounts of the virus in the body. Rapid antigen tests provide results in as little as 15 minutes, making them a convenient option for those who need quick results.
How to get COVID-19 test in Dearborn?
Getting tested for COVID-19 is easy and convenient. Simply book an appointment with us online or over the phone. Our team will guide you through the testing process and answer any questions you may have. We follow strict safety protocols to ensure the safety of our patients and staff, so you can have peace of mind knowing that you’re in good hands.
What is the Latest Regarding COVID-19 Test, Dearborn?
After the world has faced multiple waves of the COVID-19 pandemic, several precautionary measures have become part of our new norm to ensure a safe environment at our facilities. These measures include restricting patient attendants and visitors, screening all staff at the center, ensuring social distancing, and implementing strict disinfection protocols.As far as diagnostic tests are concerned, let’s have an overview of the latest guidelines about them.
Dearborn test center candidates for COVID-19 test
At present, after more than three years have passed since the pandemic made its presence felt in the world, the criteria for testing have been changed altogether. For most people, COVID-19 test is no longer recommended, except for some specific groups to protect those at high risk or to support clinical care. We are offering the following COVID-19 tests at our diagnostic center in Dearborn:
- Dearborn PCR test: It is the gold standard test for COVID-19 and is used to diagnose people currently infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus. PCR is the most reliable and accurate test in which we add reverse transcriptase or DNA polymerase to a nasopharyngeal sample in the lab. If any viral RNA is present in the sample, these enzymes make numerous copies of it. These copies are significant enough to signal a positive result. Specifically designed primers and probes in the solution then attach themselves to the genetic code of the virus, which indicates a positive result.
- HRCT, Dearborn Center: PCR can diagnose COVID-19 even in an asymptomatic patient. When the disease causes lung tissue involvement, High-resolution computed tomography (HRCT) comes into play. In terms of disease diagnosis and monitoring, it is more precise than an X-ray. The latest CT equipment used at our center in Dearborn enables us to perform volumetric HRCT scans of the whole lung tissues while obtaining thin-slice chest images and post-processing them in a high- spatial-frequency manner. We use only the required dose of radiation for HRCT and perform tests under the guidance of our able professionals.
Blood tests: Some other tests help us understand the severity of COVID-19, including:
- ○ Digital chest X-rays: They are better than traditional X-rays because digital X-ray sensors are connected to a computer, not a film. The images produced as a result are more accurate and clearer.
- ○ Serum ferritin: It acts as an inflammatory biomarker in COVID-19, where, in severe disease, serum ferritin levels increase.
- ○ CRP: C-reactive protein shows a significant increase in severely ill COVID-19 patients.
- ○ Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH): An enzyme involved in anaerobic metabolism that is elevated in severe COVID-19 disease.
- ○ Complete Blood Count (CBC): An abnormal blood complete picture with a reduced number of white blood cells is characteristic of severe forms of corona illness.
- ○ D.Dimer: It is a reliable marker determining the in-hospital mortality prognosis for admitted patients with COVID-19.
- Antibody test at the Dearborn center: It is a serology-based testing technique for Anti SARS COV-2 antibodies test. The advantage of doing an antibody test is that it is a reliable way of detecting if the patient was previously exposed to COVID-19 or vaccinated. In both cases, it is a measurement of immunity against the disease.
Help reduce the spread of COVID-19 by getting yourself tested before traveling abroad or attending indoor gatherings with members of households other than your own. The testing condition also applies to vaccinated individuals.
A positive result means you have an infection and should avoid spreading it through indoor gatherings. A negative result indicates that you may not have an infection, but you will need to perform home self-tests within 24 hours for confirmation. We are ready to provide high-quality care at our urgent care center, Dearborn.
In conclusion, COVID-19 test is crucial in the fight against the pandemic. If you have any questions about our testing services or would like to book an appointment, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Stay safe and healthy!